Exciting times in the energy sector.
Our more than 100-year-old energy system is changing with the speed of light.
New paradigms replace old ones
Renewable energy systems are cornerstones in the decarbonization of our economies and are indispensable in our fight against climate chaos.
Behind this momentum of transformational change are people. Visionary politicians that implement policies to advance a sustainable energy agenda, professors that drive innovations through research and development, ordinary people that install a solar panel on their house, venture capitalists that invest in the renewable energy space, bankers that lend to sustainable energy projects and businesses and business leaders that steer their companies towards a profitable sustainable energy future.
I have built and managed factories in Europe and Asia, sold solar systems, managed investment funds, and developed, financed and built several billion dollars worth of renewable energy projects all over the world. As Deputy Director-General at IRENA, the youngest and fastest growing intergovernmental organization, I have been in charge of a 350 million dollar fund investing in projects in developing countries.
I have vision, passion, drive and the commercial sense to inspire both colleagues and shareholders to continue to make sustainable energy the way forward.
I am an author, and a regular speaker at international events and conferences.
I have extensive experience as executive and non-executive board member across the world.
My industry knowledge, global experience and network provides depth to corporate decision making and adds value to the firms I work with. I have a broad view across markets, technologies, finance, and policy and have worked with start-ups and large corporations alike.
As a non-executive board member of Gore Street Capital, an FCA authorized firm in the UK, I have been an ‘approved person’ since 2015.
(2) With HM Willem Alexander King of the Netherlands and HM Beatrix, former Queen of the Netherlands 2012
(3) With Angela Merkel
(4) As Deputy Director General, Irena in 2014
- Date of Birth: 9th January, 1965
- Nationality: Dutch
- Marital Status: Married, 3 children
As Deputy-Director General of the International Renewable Energy Association (IRENA), the first global intergovernmental organization dedicated to all renewables, Frank managed a US$350 million project facility for RE. He appraised over 80 projects a year and recommended projects for funding. He was also in charge of IRENA’s Coalition for Action, the interface platform with private sector actors.
Mr. Wouters has served on the board of energy companies in Europe, Australia, Africa, Asia and the USA. He currently serves as SVP New Energy at Reliance Industries, interim Chairman and Board Director of Gore Street Capital in London, Chairman of Dii Desert Energy’s Advisory Board, Co-President of the Long Duration Energy Storage Council, Executive Committee Member of the Ammonia Energy Association, Chairman of the MENA Hydrogen Alliance, Fellow of the Payne Institute – Colorado School of Mines and Non-executive Board Director of Vast Solar, Australia.
Mr. Wouters has significant experience working in emerging markets. In Ghana, he liaised with donors to coordinate over US$750 million in funds for RE projects as part of the SE4All program. He has worked with many donors and development banks, including KfW, GIZ, the European Commission and the World Bank on strategic energy initiatives all over the world.
He has considerable manufacturing experience. From 2010 till 2012 he served as Managing Director of Masdar PV, a state-of-the-art facility producing advanced thin film solar panels and he was a board member of WinWind, a manufacturer of multi-MW wind turbines with production facilities in Finland and India.
His recent focus has been on low-carbon hydrogen as a main vector in the energy transition. After drafting the North Arica – Europe Hydrogen Manifesto in 2019, Mr. Wouters has been instrumental in conceiving the 2×40 GW Electrolyzer Initiative for Europe, Ukraine and North Africa. In close consultation with the Cabinet of Executive Vice President Frans Timmermans of the European Commission, the initiative is currently being integrated in the European Green Deal .
In 2020, Mr. Wouters initiated the MENA Hydrogen Alliance, which he currently chairs.
Mr. Wouters has a Master of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from Delft University. He is fluent in English, German and Dutch and has a reasonable command of French.
He currently serves as:
- Senior Vice President New Energy at Reliance Industries
- Chairman of the Benelux Business Council
- Director of the EU MED-GEM Network, a platform that fosters partnerships on clean electricity and molecules between Europe and the Southern Mediterranean neighboring countries
- Fellow, Payne Institute, Colorado School of Mines
- Chairman of the MENA Hydrogen Alliance
- Chairman of the Dii Advisory Board
- Co-President of the Long Duration Energy Storage Council
- Board Member of the Ammonia Energy Association
- Non-Executive Board Director of Gore Street Capital, London
- Non-Executive Board Director of Vast in Australia.
- C-level management positions in leading renewable energy companies in project development, manufacturing and consulting.
- Deputy Director-General at IRENA.
- Extensive Executive and Non-Executive Board Member experience in an international and multicultural environment.
- Extensive M&A background.
- Expert on the planning and implementation of renewable energy projects.
- Private sector participation in the energy sector in developing economies.
- Experience in high-tech research environment.
Memberships & Responsibilities
- Senior Vice President New Energy at Reliance Industries; 2021 – present
- Chairman of the MENA Hydrogen Alliance; 2020 – present
- Director EU-GCC Clean Energy Technology Network (UAE); 2016 – present
- Co-President of the Long Duration Energy Storage Council; 2022 – present
- Executive Committee Member of the Ammonia Energy Association; 2022 – present
- Fellow Payne Institute, Colorado School of Mines; 2018 – present
- Board Member of Gorestreet Capital (UK); 2015 – present
- Global Lead Green Hydrogen at Worley; 2018-2021
- Chairman of the Shams Power Company PJSC (UAE); 2010 – 2012
- Board Member of Torresol Energy SA (Spain); 2010 – 2012
- Board Member of Torresol Energy US (USA); 2011 – 2012
- Board Member of WinWinD Ltd (Finland, India); 2010 – 2011
- Board Member of Masdar Solar en Wind Cooperatief UA (Netherlands); 2010 – 2012
- Executive Committee Member of the Africa PVSEC; 2014
- Member of the Scientific Board of BWE, the German Wind Energy Association; 1997 – 2009
- Scientific Review Committee Member of the European Photovoltaic Technology Conference; 2000 – 2009
- Jury Member of the Middle East Electricity Awards and Middle East Solar Industry Awards; 2013-2014
- Elected Board Member of the Benelux Business Council Abu Dhabi; 2009 – 2012
- Founding President of the Club for Rural Electrification (Germany); 2002 – 2007
- Advisory Board Member of PVGAP; 2002 – 2008
- Chairman of Ecofys Cooperatief UA (Netherlands); 2000 – 2009
Patent & Awards
- Patent Nr. 1017186, “Assembly consisting of a flat information carrier and a holder.”
- Hydrogen Economist of the Year 2020, runner-up
- Econcern runner-up for Cologne Company of the Year 2008
- Econcern new head-office elected eco-building of the Year 2008 by Stern magazine.
- Belwind NV received “Power Deal of the Year” (Project Finance International Europe Awards 2009) and “European Offshore Wind Deal of the Year” (Project Finance Awards 2009).
- Shams One received “Renewable Deal of the Year” (Project Finance Middle East 2011).
- Gemasolar was recognized a US CSP Today award in the ‘Commercialized Technology Innovation of the year’ category.
- Reliance Industries Ltd (UAE), May 2021 – presentSenior Vice President New Energies
- Global head for international business development of the Reliance new energy business
Worley (UAE), 2016 – 2021
Global lead clean hydrogen
- Responsible for all global clean hydrogen and derivatives business of the Worley Group
Wouters Ltd (UAE), September 2014 – present
- Strategic advisor to A.Hak Renewable Energy, among other things setting up a global supply chain for torrefied biomass with projects in Russia, Indonesia, South Africa and Canada using the proprietary TorrCoal rotary drum technology
- Strategic advisor to the World Bank on solar and wind energy
- Strategic advisor to GIZ and KfW on renewable energy investments in sub-Saharan Africa
- Special advisor to REN21 for the Global Status Report 2015 (www.ren21.net)
- Visiting lecturer at Masdar Institute (Abu Dhabi, UAE), teaching PhD students and Young Future Energy Leaders on the future of our energy system
International Renewable Energy Agency (UAE), 2012 – August 2014
- Representing the agency at intergovernmental level, direct interaction with Ministers and Heads of State.
- In charge of execution of the work programme, setting up and overseeing the Programme Management Office.
- Editor of all IRENA publications.
- Responsible for the execution of the 7 year $350 million IRENA/ADFD project facility.
MASDAR (Abu Dhabi), 2009-2012
Director Masdar Clean Energy (UAE)
Chairman of Shams Power Company PJSC (UAE)
Board member of WinWinD Ltd (Finland and India)
Board member of Torresol Energy SA (Spain) and Torresol Energy US (USA)
Board member of Masdar Solar & Wind Cooperatief UA (Netherlands)
- After four months at Masdar given the responsibility over the Masdar Power Unit, which later merged with the Masdar Industries Unit and the Masdar Carbon Unit.
- Responsible for Masdar Power’s projects under construction or in operation, representing an enterprise value of more than $3bn (Masdar’s share). Improved Masdar’s economics on these projects by more than $200million in less than a year.
- Leading role in the formulation of Abu Dhabi’s renewable energy policy.
- Succesfully turned Masdar PV GmbH around in 2010. Replaced management and finalized contract negotiations with Applied Materials on the supply and service of all production lines. Overachieved targets on sales, average sales prices, product stability and efficiency and overall production yield.
- Led negotiations on special purpose vehicle with Abengoa and Total into Shams Power Company, building the largest concentrating power plant in the Middle East. Substantially improved project economics for shareholder through cost saving and bank financing.
- Divested Masdar’s participation in WinWinD Oy, a manufacturer of advanced wind turbines.
- Negotiated suite of contracts with London Array Shareholders, enabling bank financing of Masdar’s share (20%) in the Unincorporated JV, which is a world’s first. London Array is the world’s largest offshore wind farm with eventually 1000MW. Substantially improved project economics for the shareholder in the course of 2010.
- As Board member of Torresol succesfully constructed three CSP plants in Spain with an overall budget of $1.4billion (Masdar’s share 40%). All three plants were constructed within time and budget, whilst project economics for shareholder substantially improved.
Econcern, evelop, sol Holding AG, 2006-2009
CEO of Evelop International BV (Netherlands), 2009
CEO of Sol Holding ag (Germany): 2007-2009
CEO of Silicium de Provence SAS (France) 2007-2009
Econcern director of business development (Netherlands) 2006-2009
Managing Director of Econcern GmbH 2006-2009
- As CEO of Evelop responsible for renewable energy project development, focus on real estate, solar PV and onshore and offshore wind. With a core staff of 150 in 20 countries Evelop initiated, developed and realized renewable energy projects, among which the realization of non-recourse offshore wind projects (Princess Amalia Wind farm and Belwind). Annual turnover of several hundred million Euro. Deals 2009:
- Closing of Bonaire project, the world’s first 100% renewable island system. 11 MW (wind), 14 MW (bio)-diesel. Capex $62million, financial close reached in March 2009. Project completed in 2009.
- Sell Down of two solar PV projects in Spain to Ampere fund. Euro 4 million deal, April 2009.
- Closing of Belwind, the second non-recourse financed offshore wind project worldwide. Project constructed 46 km off the coast of Zeebrugge (Belgium) with a total capacity of 165 MW (55 x 3MW) Vestas turbines. Investment Euro 620 million.
- Initiated and headed SOL Holding in 2006, a joint venture between Econcern and SOLON SE. SOL Holding was majority shareholder of Silicium de Provence SAS, a grass roots 4500 ton/annum ultrapure silicon factory with Euro 730 million investment volume and majority shareholder of Blue Chip Energy GmbH, an Austrian high efficiency solar cell factory with an investment volume of 60 million Euro. Blue Chip Energy has successfully started production; the construction of Silicium de Provence was put on hold in 2009 due to the global financial crisis.
- Founder and first elected President of CLE, the German Industry Association for Rural Electrification with Renewable Energy. After merger with BSW (German Solar Energy industry Association) Board member of BSW.
Econcern, Ecofys, Econergy, Econtract, Ecostream, 1997-2006
Managing Director of Econcern GmbH (holding, Cologne, Germany)
Managing Director of Ecofys GmbH (consultancy, Cologne, Germany)
Managing Director of Econergy GmbH (sales, Cologne, Germany)
Managing Director of Econtract GmbH (contracting, Cologne, Germany)
Managing Director of Ecostream Gmbh (systems sales, Cologne, Germany)
- Set up first foreign branches of the Econcern group in Germany in 1997, developed corporate structure with Business Units Ecofys (innovation), Ecostream (sales of turnkey solar PV systems) and Evelop (Renewable Energy Project Development). Upon departure there were four branche offices, 150 staff and profitable turnover exceeding 100mEuro/a.
- Initiated solar business in Luxemburg in 2000.
- Inititated and integrated Joint Venture in China in 2005: Himin Ecofys Real Estate, combining the Ecofys knowledge and expertise with the market power of the world’s largest solar thermal systems manufacturer
Project manager, Sr. consultant (Utrecht, The Netherlands)
TDAU, University of Zambia, 1990-1993
Head Design Section at Technology Development and Advisory Unit (Lusaka, Zambia)
- Design, development, manufacture and dissemination of appropriate technologies: water pumps, renewable energy sources (wind pumps, solar energy), animal traction, small-scale food processing equipment.
- Head of the Design Section, Project Leader in various projects.
- Acting Manager.
- Training of local craftsmen, organiser of training courses.
- Public relations.
TEGEMA BV, 1989-1990
Machine designer (Son, The Netherlands)
Philips Research Laboratories, 1988-1989
Researcher (Eindhoven, The Netherlands)
Selected International Assignments
|INSTITUTION:||Delft University of Technology (1983-1989)|
|DEGREE:||MSc. Mechanical Engineering|
Media & Publications
MENA Hydrogen Alliance
The Agenda: Hydrogen
Masdar’s Gemasolar project
UAE Energy Forum
Interview on CNBC Arabia (Arabic)
Interview with Emirates 24/7
Weijnen and Lukszo (editors), Frank Wouters, Ad van Wijk, “Shaping an Inclusive Energy Transition”, Springer (2020)
Wijk, Ad van – Wouters, Frank – Rachidi, Samir – Ikken, Badr “A North Africa – Europe Hydrogen Manifesto”, Dii Desert Energy (2019)
Varadi, Peter (editor), Frank Wouters et al. “Sun Towards High Noon” – Pan Stanford Publishing Co – ISBN 9789814774178, Singapore (2018)
Dodds, Felix (editor), Frank Wouters et al. “The Water-Energy-Food-Climate Security Nexus – the Challenge for this Generation” (2015)
Richard Kay, Marc Timmer Peter Varadi, Frank Wouters – Testing of Photovoltaic Powered Solar Lanterns against PV GAP Recommended Specification PVRS11A AMDT 1– Joint PV GAP/World Bank ESMAP Report – Washington DC August – 2009
Dagmar Everding (Hrsg.), Frank Wouters et al. Solarer Städtebau Kolhammer Verlag, ISBN 978-3-17-017413-9 (2007)
Carsten Warneke, Frank Wouters et al. Abschlussbericht: PM10 – Quellgruppenanalyse (als Teilvorhaben TV4 der “Analyse der Immissionsbelastung in Deutschland durch Ferntransporte“) Ecofys, Cologne (October 2006)
Frank Wouters, Dagmar Everding The Solar Urban Master Plan – A Novel Instrument in Urban Planning Paper presented at the 20th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference and Exhibition, Barcelona, 6‑10 June 2005
Peter Varadi, Markus Real, Frank Wouters – Portable Solar Photovoltaic Lanterns: Performance and Certification Specification, and Type Approval Joint PV GAP/World Bank ESMAP Report – Washington DC August – 2005
Frank Wouters, Dagmar Everding Der Solare Rahmenplan – ein neues Instrument in der Stadtplanung Paper presented at the 20th Symposium “Photovoltaische Solarenergie”, Staffelstein – March 9th – 11th 2005
Frank Wouters Ländliche Elektzrifizierung mit Photovoltaik Paper presented at the Evento de apresentação da delegação empresarial alemã do setor de energia fotovoltaica e solar térmica –Sao Paulo (Brazil), December 6th, 2004
Frank Wouters Solar Architecture in Europe Paper presented at the Renewables 2004, Bonn, June 1st-4th, 2004
Frank Wouters Implications of the European Biofuels Directive – a German Perspective Paper presented at the Power-GenGreen, Las Vegas, 1-3 March, 2004
Frank Wouters Hoffnungsvolle Auslandsmärkte – Ländliche Elektrifizierung mit Photovoltaik Paper presented at the fourth Forum Solarpraxis, Berlin, November 27th – 28th 2003
Markus Real, Frank Wouters, Richard Kay, Philippe Malbranche, Adolfo Perujo Standards and Specification for Battery Testing Paper presented at the STORE conference Cadarache – 20 and 21 Oct 2003
Dipl.-Ing. Frank Wouters Förderung erneuerbarer Energien in Holland SONNENENERGIE July 2003 pp. 40‑44 (2003)
Dipl.-Ing. Frank Wouters, Dipl.-Phys. Carsten Petersdorff, Dr. Dagmar Everding Solarer Städtebau – ein Weg zur Nachhaltigkeit DAS BAUZENTRUM – BAUKULTUR 3-2003 pp. 6‑10 (2003)
Dipl.-Ing. Frank Wouters Solares Bauen in den Niederlanden und kommunale Solarkampagnen im Vergleich, paper presented at the Internationaler Kongress Nachhaltiger Stadtumbau & Erneuerbare Energien, Dresden, 13-14 March 2003.
Dipl.-Ing. Frank Wouters, Solarenergetische Sanierung in Köln-Bocklemünd, ein Erfolgsbeispiel, paper presented at the Eurosolar Workshop Solare Stadterneuerung – eine soziale und ökologische Aufgabe, Vienna, 17-21 September 2002
Dipl.-Ing. Frank Wouters, Dipl.-Ing. Carsten Petersdorff, Dr. Dagmar Everding Solarer Städtebau – ein Weg zur Nachhaltigkeit, paper presented at the Eurosolar Workshop Solare Stadterneuerung – eine soziale und ökologische Aufgabe, Vienna, 17-21 September 2002
Carsten Petersdorff , Thomas Boermans, Jochen Harnisch, Suzanne Joosen, Frank Wouters The Contribution of Mineral Wool and other Thermal Insulation Materials to Energy Saving and Climate Protection in Europe, report for EURIMA – European Insulation Manufacturers Association, Cologne 2002
Wouters, S. Gajewski Solar City Gelsenkirchen: From thousand fires to thousand suns, paper presented at the World Renewable Energy Congress VII, Cologne, 29 June – 5 July 2002
Dipl.-Ing. F. Wouters, Dipl.-Ing. S. Gajewski Solar City Gelsenkirchen: From thousand fires to thousand suns, paper presented at the Sustainable City 2002, Segovia, 3-5 July 2002
Dipl.-Ing. F. Wouters, Dipl.-Ing. S. Gajewski CIS Anlage mit 45 kWp auf dem Museum für bildende Künste Leipzig, eine Pilotanlage im Bau (CIS PV System of 45 kWp on the Roof of the Museum of fine Arts in Leipzig, Concept and Realisation), paper presented at the 17th Symposium “Photovoltaische Solarenergie”, Staffelstein, 13.-15. March 2002
Dipl.-Ing. Frank Wouters, ”Solar City” – Task 30 der IEA Internationalen Energie Agentur, FVS – ForschungsVerbund Sonnenenergie, Themenheft 2001: Integration erneuerbarer Energien in Versorgungsstrukturen (http://www.fv-sonnenenergie.de/publikationen/th01/th2001_16wouters.pdf)
Dipl.-Ing. Frank Wouters, Dipl.-Ing. Jörg Backes Solarkampagne Wiesbaden – eine regionale Marketing- und Qualifizierungsaktion für Photovoltaikanlagen -, paper presented at the second Forum Solarpraxis, Berlin, November 15th – 17th 2001
Frank Wouters Dezentrale gebäudeintegrierte PV-Anlage in Amersfoort, erneuerbare energie 01-2 pp. 18‑21 (2001)
Dipl.-Ing. Frank Wouters Solar City -Task 30 der IEA Internationalen Energieagentur, paper presented at the annual meeting of the Forschungsverbund Sonnenenergie, Potsdam, September 20th – 21st 2001
Dipl.-Ing. F. Wouters Solare Energiepolitik in den Niederlanden (Solar Energy Politics in the Netherlands), paper presented at the 16th Symposium “Photovoltaische Solarenergie”, Staffelstein, 14.-16. March 2001
Dipl.-Ing. F. Wouters Solar City – ein Programm der internationalen Energieagentur (Solar City, a Program of the International Energy Agency) paper presented at the 5th Fachkongress Zukunftenergien, Essen, 14th February 2001
Dipl.-Ing. F. Wouters, Dipl.-Phys. C. Petersdorff Innovative Solare Siedlungen in Deutschland, Belgien, den Niederlanden und Dänemark – InSolPlan: Ein Planungswettbewerb (Innovative solar residential areas in Germany, Belgiumn, The Netherlands and Denmark – InSolPlan: a planning competition) paper presented at the 9th Europa-Symposium Ökologisches Bauen, Aachen, December 2000
- Petersdorff, F. Wouters, W. Wiesner Evaluation of the Solar Residential Area Gelsenkirchen, paper presented at the
Dipl.-Ing. F. Wouters et al. Evaluierung der Solarsiedlung Gelsenkirchen (Evaluation of the Solar Residential Area Gelsenkirchen) paper presented at the 4th Passivhaustagung, 10-11 March 2000.
F.P.H. Wouters Stadt der Zukunft (City of the Future) presented at the Regensburger Fachforum ‚Solares Bauen‘, Regensburg, 10-11 June 1999
F.P.H. Wouters Solarboote, eine umweltfreundliche alternative zum Verbrennungsmotor (Solar Boats, an Environmentally Friendly Alternative to the Internal Combustion Engine) presented at the 4th Anwenderforum Elektromobile, Regensburg, 9‑10 February 1999
F.P.H. Wouters, C. Petersdorff, C.A.M. Stap Markteinführung kosteneffizienter Niedrigenergiehäuser – Projekterfahrung aus den Niederlanden (Market Introduction of Cost Effective Low-Energy Houses, Experiences from the Netherlands) Paper presented at the 4th AGÖF Fachkongress ´98, Nürnberg 25‑26 September 1998.
- de Gooijer, F.P.H. Wouters et al. PV/Diesel Hybrid Energy Systems on Houseboats and Barges in the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany – Final Technical Report Ecofys, Utrecht (April 1998)
F.P.H. Wouters, G. Loois, T.C.J. van der Weiden, H.G. Adam, H. Rentz Joint implementation and the Role of Utilities in the Dissemination of Solar Home Systems in Developing Countries Paper presented at the 14th EPVSEC, Barcelona, 1997
- Loois, F.P.h. Wouters et al. Strategy for Market Introduction of Stand-alone PV Systems Paper presented at the 14th EPVSEC, Barcelona, 1997
J.A. Verschelling, G. Loois, F.P.H. Wouters, G.M. Koerts, T.C.J. van der Weiden Results of the Thermie Demonstration Project PV Electric Boats in the Netherlands and Germany Paper presented at the 14th EPVSEC, Barcelona, 1997
F.P.H. Wouters, M.J. van Bruggen Der EnergieSpiegel: ein Instrument zur Unterstützung von Energieeinsparung in öffentlichen Gebäuden (The Energy Mirror: an Instrument to Support Energy Rationalisation in Office Buildings) Paper presented at the 12th Symposium “Photovoltaische Solarenergie”, Staffelstein, 26.-28. (February 1997, in German)
F.P.H. Wouters, G. Loois Strategie für Markteinführung von autonomen PV-Anlagen in den Niederlanden (Strategy for Market Introduction of Autonomous PV Systems in the Netherlands) Paper presented at the 12th Symposium “Photovoltaische Solarenergie”, Staffelstein, 26.-28. (February 1997, in German)
- Burges, F. Wouters, et al. Handboek accu’s in PV-systemen (Handbook Batteries in PV Systems, in Dutch) Ecofys, Utrecht (October 1996)
F.P.H. Wouters Electriciteit uit zonnepanelen in ontwikkelingslanden (‘Solar Electricity in Developing Countries’, in Dutch) Paper presented at the conference “Renewable Energy in Developing Countries” organised by YES-DC and the VPRO-radio in the Netherlands, September 1996.
- de Gooier, F.P.H. Wouters, G. Loois Quality Handbook for Solar Home Systems Ecofys report nr. e2083, July 1996
F.P.H. Wouters, G. Loois The Role of Utilities in the Dissemination of Solar Home Systems in Developing Countries Paper presented at the NUON-conference ”Utilities and Solar Energy”, April 1996
F.P.H. Wouters, G. Loois Feasibility Study PV Bus Stop Ecofys, Utrecht (February 1996)
F.P.H. Wouters, T.C.J. van der Weiden, G. Loois Advies over de systeemdimensies van het Fietsveer te Suawoude (Sizing of the Bicycle Ferry at Suawoude) Ecofys, Utrecht (1994, in Dutch)
F.P.H. Wouters, G. Loois, e.a. Praktijkexperiment PV voor aandrijving van recreatieboten (Pilot project PV for Propulsion of Recreational Boats) Ecofys, Utrecht (1995, in Dutch)
F.P.H. Wouters Monitoring Results of PV-electric drives in Recreational Boats paper presented at the 13th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference and Exhibition, Nice – 23-27 October 1995
- Appel, F.P.H. Wouters Energy Conservation in Hybrid PV/Diesel Systems on Boats – an Example, paper presented at the 13th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference and Exhibition, Nice – 23-27 October 1995
- Loois, A. Benallou, F.P.H. Wouters Feasibility Study for Solar Energy Systems for Rural Households in the Rif in Morocco Ecofys, Utrecht (June 1994)
F.P.H. Wouters, e.a. Elektrische aandrijving voor vaartuigen (Electric Drives for Boats) Ecofys, Utrecht (1994, in Dutch)
F.P.H. Wouters The Role of Intermediate Technology in Zambia. Paper presented at the National Science and Technology Policy Workshop, Livingstone – 9th to 11th February 1993.
F.P.H. Wouters Status of Solar Electric Technology in Zambia. Paper for the Regional Solar Electric Training and Awareness Workshop, Nairobi/Meru Kenya, Lusaka March 1992
F.P.H. Wouters A Study on the Socio-economic and Technical Aspects Concerning the Introduction of Animal Powered Oil Presses in Zambia. TDAU report, Lusaka 1992
F.P.H. Wouters On the Design of a Hand Mill. TDAU report, Lusaka 1992
F.P.H. Wouters The Assessment of Appropriate Equipment for the Small Scale Pressing of Castor Oil. TDAU report, Lusaka 1992
F.P.H. Wouters The Local Manufacturing of a Wind Pump. The Engineering Institution of Zambia – Lusaka Branch News. Lusaka May 1991
F.P.H. Wouters On the Design of a Shear Stress Transducer. Philips Research Laboratories report nr. 6387, Eindhoven 1989
frank at frank-wouters.com